New EU Organic Regulation applies 1 January 2022: Guide to help operators coming soon
New Organic Regulation (EU) 2018/848 will apply from 1 January 2022. The basic regulation published in June 2018 will be accompanied by around 23 acts of secondary legislation, most of them not yet published.
Additional acts of secondary legislation will be published in the following months and years, making reading and understanding the new EU organic regulation very challenging for organic operators and other stakeholders.
Will you need help interpreting these changes?
Don’t worry, we are working on a guide, which will help our members and other interested parties navigate the labyrinth of the new legal framework.
Our members will be able to enjoy the guide for free!
The guide will simplify reading the regulation by:
- Grouping content areas,
- Highlighting the main changes compared to the current regulations, and
- Providing recommendations for the implementation of unclear requirements and/or requirements with room for interpretation.
The objectives are:
- Simplifying the reading for operators and other stakeholders, so they will not need to navigate the numerous legal acts and cross-references with difficulty
- Possible harmonization of the new rules in the different Member States and Third Countries, through recommendations for implementing certain requirements which may give room for different interpretations.
This work was make possible thanks to the early commitments from these seeders:
- Servicio de Certificación CAAE S.L.U. (CAAE),
- Controllo e Certificazione CCPB – CCPB Srl (CCPB),
- Organic Farmers & Growers Ltd (OF&G),
- Bionext, and
- Czech Technology Platform for Organic Agriculture (CTPEZ).
Stay tuned, we will provide more details in the next weeks.
IFOAM Organics Europe’s members can contact [email protected] for questions on the EU Organic Regulation. Please note that we will not answer to non-members’ requests.
For information about what you can gain from being a member, read our membership page and contact [email protected].