A soil deal for Europe and beyond
Food security, biodiversity and climate resilience rely heavily on healthy soils. However, it is estimated that around 60-70% of EU soils are unhealthy, the main goal of the Mission ‘A Soil Deal for Europe‘ is to establish 100 living labs and lighthouses to lead the transition towards healthy soils by 2030. With regards to this Mission, TP Organics will hold an event on 30 May 2023 from 16:00-19:00 under the title “A Soil Deal for Europe and Beyond” at the SQUARE – Convention Centre Brussels.
Panel 1: From Soil to Society: Promoting Research and innovation for Healthy Soils
- Alice Ruhweza, Africa Region Director for the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) & CGIAR System Board Member
- Dr. Shamie Zingore, Director, Research and Development for the African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) – (tbc)
- Dr. Biagio Di Terlizzi, Deputy Director, CIHEAM Bari
- Juern Sanders, President, FiBL Europe
- Leonard Mizzi, Head of Unit Sustainable Agri-Food System and Fisheries, European Commission, DG INTPA
Panel 2: Celebrating Accomplishments and Charting the Way Forward
- Kerstin Rosenow, Head of Unit Research and Innovation, Soil Mission Manager, European Commission DG AGRI
- Dr. John Gilliland OBE, Soil Mission Board – (tbc)
- Eduardo Cuoco, Head of Secretariat, TP Organics
- Christian Witt, Soil and Fertiliser Lead, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
The discussions will be moderated by Julia Dahm, journalist at EurActiv.
Following the panel discussions, you are invited to join a networking reception (from 18.00-19.00), also at the SQUARE – Convention Centre Brussels.
Save your spot now: register here (the venue has limited capacity; if the maximum capacity is reached, a waiting list will be created).