All vacancies listed are for to be filled in at our Brussels office. If exceptions apply, this will be explicitly stated in the vacancy description.
IFOAM Organics Europe is currently looking for an Events & Membership Coordinator. The deadline for application is 28 November 2021. Interviews will take place on 6 and 9 December, please block these dates in your agenda!
IFOAM Organics Europe is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to join our Events and Membership team and contribute to the office’s development.
1. Membership (40%)
Support in IFOAM Organics Europe membership and internal structures activities coordination
- Supporting in internal communications with IFOAM Organics Europe governance structure (Board and Council) and members on internal activities and meetings
- Supporting in IFOAM Organics Europe extranet space & access rights coordination
- Supporting in developing and coordinating the activities to recruit new and to retain existing member
- Supporting in membership application & membership fee collection process
- Supporting in coordinating member only activities (member only events, information dissemination, mailing lists etc)
- Contributing to the improvements of IFOAM Organics Europe membership structure and coordination
- Maintaining membership relating contact lists up to date
- Contributing to projects drafting & reporting related to membership activities
2. Events (60%)
Coordination of IFOAM Organics Europe main events such as annual European Organic Congress, biannual Organic Food Conference and Organics Europe Youth Event, yearly IFOAM Organics Europe participation in BIOFACH trade fair and other. Support in other IFOAM Organics Europe evens such as General Assembly, IFOAM Organics Europe Meets Business, TP Organics Organic Innovation Days.
- Coordinating (or guiding organising partner in coordinating) logistical aspects of main IFOAM Organics Europe events (venue & catering booking; technical set up organisation; communication with service providers; communication with production companies, digital events platform providers; interpretation coordination; speaker & staff travels; other)
- Coordinating the work on developing events programmes (collecting input from colleagues, organising partners and etc; speaker invitations & communication; other)
- Drafting, editing and following the events organisation timelines
- Supporting in events promotion and communication activities (keeping events websites, event pages and calendars up to date; coordinating events related email inboxes and emails; providing event related content to IFOAM Organics Europe communications team; coordinating event promotional material production; other)
- Supporting in commitments to events sponsors fulfilment
- Supporting in coordinating agreements and commitments to events organisational partners
- Supporting in commitments to partnering events fulfilment
- Contributing to IFOAM Organics Europe events improvement process
- Contributing to projects drafting & reporting related to event activities
VOLUNTEER VIA THE EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS (ESC)
Sorry, there are no open positions for ESC volunteers. We generally publish a new call for volunteers every year in spring. However, it happens that we have additional vacancies throughout the year. Stay tuned for future opportunities by following us on on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
IFOAM Organics Europe does not offer internships. As we do like to offer young people the opportunity to gain experience at the heart of the European organic movement, we recruit volunteers for up to 11 months. We usually issue a call for volunteers each spring.
Volunteering as part of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) provides young people with the unique chance to express their personal commitment through a full-time volunteering activity in a foreign country for up to one year. Young volunteers can develop new skills and improve their personal, educational and professional development. More information about ESC is available on the European Solidarity Corps website.
Erasmus+ funds the ESC (previously European Voluntary Service, or EVS).
Did you not find what you were looking for on this page? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“You’d like to do something practical, with a visible impact, and to get to know the heart of Europe, policy making and lobbying work, the organic movement, like-minded people, new languages and cultures, including the broad diversity of Belgian beer, and – not least – yourself better? Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe offers you all that – and much more. It’s a rich experience that allows you to participate in making food and farming in Europe more sustainable, and to gain practical experiences and skills in the European organic sector – from advocacy for organic research, innovation and practice to new communication tools and a hands-on farm stay. For me, it was the first time that I was living abroad for so long – a big step that my colleagues and EVS network made a lot easier. I can only encourage you to do it, and to make the most of it. It’s a unique opportunity to grow, gain new perspectives and friends and get to know yourself and your capabilities and interests better. Not only did I feel very welcome in the multicultural and multilingual EU capital where almost everyone comes from somewhere else, but I could also profit from the numerous events the vibrant city has to offer year-round. Ultimately, my EVS made me more political, active and empathetic – in other words, fit for the challenges of the future.”
“Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe is a truly rewarding experience, both on a professional and personal level. Get to know this vibrant city of Brussels, meet inspiring people, drink beers (a lot!), learn more about organic agriculture and EU legislation and develop a wide range of skills! Knowledge and friendships are awaiting!”
“I did not know much about IFOAM Organics Europe when I saw the ESC vacancy, but I shared its values of protecting biodiversity, caring for nature and fairness in the food production processes. During my volunteering I learned a lot about the organic sector and, being based in Brussels, I gained a better understanding of European Union’s institutions and importance of advocacy work.”
“Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe is an excellent opportunity to gain more in-depth understanding of the organic sector and the impact of EU legislation. Working in the communication team has taught me the importance and power of the messages we share to make Europe more organic. Beside the knowledge I gain, the vibrant city of Brussels is full of inspiring, smart and interesting people who enrich and refine my experience even more.”