European Organic Congress 2021
The annual European Organic Congress titled “Organic’s contribution to the European Green Deal” will take place online, live from Lisbon from 16-18 June 2021, organised by IFOAM Organics Europe and our Portuguese parter, AGROBIO.
The congress will bring together organic stakeholders from across Europe to talk about policy developments in organic food and farming. We will cover the alignment of CAP Strategic Plans with the EU Green Deal, expected changes in the new EU Organic Regulation, organic’s contribution to climate change mitigation, sustainable food systems, and rural development.
On top of that, we will dive deep into the work being done on the ground in Portugal, linking organic farming with health and biodiversity.
Registration for the Congress is now closed! All the available virtual seats for the Congress are booked. Thank you for registering for this unique (organic) event gathering policymakers and stakeholders from all over Europe!
Didn’t get the chance to join or would like to relive the experience? Recordings of the Congress are available Congress website.
- Maria do Céu Antunes, Portuguse Minister of Agriculture
- Aina Calafat Rogers, Deputy Council member of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Celia Nyssens, Policy Officer for Agriculture at the European Environmental Bureau
- Eduardo Diniz, Director of the Office for Planning, Policy, and General Management of the Portuguese Agriculture Ministry
- Jan Plagge, President of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Maria Noichl, MEP Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats at the European Parliament
- Tassos Haniotis, Director for Strategy, Simplification and Policy Analysis in the Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development at the European Commission
- Moderator: Eduardo Cuoco, Director of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Armindo Jacinto, Mayor of the City Hall of Idanha-a-Nova
- Fátima Ferreira, Maternal Health and Midwifery Nurse and Master’s Degree in Organic Agriculture
- Gonçalo de Freitas Leal, Director, Portuguese Directorate-General for Agriculture & Rural Development
- Inês Efigénia, Training Department AGROBIO
- Madalena Ramos, Technical Department, AGROBIO
- Rui Flores, Agricultural Manager at Esporão, S.A.
- Rute Lima, President of the Parish Council of Olivais in Lisbon
- Moderator: Jaime Carvalho Ferreira, Chairman of the Board at AGROBIO
- Christian Holzleitner, Head of Unit for Land Use and Finance for Innovation at the Directorate-General for Climate Action at the European Commission
- Kurt Sannen, Chair of Interest Group of Organic Farmers (IGOF) at IFOAM Organics Europe
- Pierre-Marie Aubert, Senior Researcher and Coordinator of the European Agriculture Initiative at IDDRI
- Shefali Sharma, Director at Institute for Agriculture and Trade policy’s (IATP) European office
- Thomas Legge, Land Use Director at the European Climate Foundation
- Moderator: Eric Gall, Deputy Director and Policy Manager at IFOAM Organics Europe
- Claude Gruffat, MEP Greens / EFA Group at the European Parliament
- Dóra Drexler, Board Vice-President of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Faustine Bas-Defossez, External Impact Director at the Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Nathalie Chaze, Director for Food sustainability and International Relations at the Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety at the European Commission
- Tobias Bandel, Managing Director of Soil & More Impacts
- Moderator: Silvia Schmidt, Food Policy Officer at IFOAM Organics Europe
- Elena Panichi, Head of the Organics Unit at the European Commission
- Marian Blom, Board Vice-President of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Michel Reynaud, Board member and sector representative for certification of IFOAM Organics Europe
- Moderator: Emanuele Busacca, Regulation Manager at IFOAM Organics Europe
- Alexis de Liedekerke, Founder of Froidefontaine Farm
- Doris Letina, Vice-President at European Council of Young Farmers
- Luis Saldanha, Chairman of the Board at National Young Farmers Confederation
- Salvatore Basile, President of the International Network of Eco Regions
- Silvia Michelini, Director for Rural Development at the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development at the European Commission
- Moderator: Eva Berckmans, Communications Manager at IFOAM Organics Europe
- Janusz Wojciechowski, Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development at the European Commission