All vacancies listed are for to be filled in at our Brussels office. If exceptions apply, this will be explicitly stated in the vacancy description.
IFOAM Organics Europe is currently looking for a ‘Finance and office coordinator‘.
The deadline for application is 8 July. We will only consider applications using the form.
IFOAM Organics Europe is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to join our team and contribute to the office’s development.
Office Coordination (50%)
- Answer the general phone number;
- Manage the mailbox and info email (incoming and sending);
- Coordinate the office supplies (purchase office supplies and office equipment, keep updated the list of office furniture);
- Coordinate the service provider (phone, cleaning services, fruit provider,…);
- Coordinate the IT hardware with the IT consultant and keep track of all IT equipment;
- Manage the petty cash and office card;
- Participate to improving the office environment (plants, terrace, more environmentally friendly environment…);
- Liaise with Belgian authority regarding registration document;
- Ensuring the office is clean and the employees respect the office rules(kitchen, sanitary,…);
- Updating the transparency register of the EU Parliament(once a year update the financial information and generate the accreditation for staff);
- Preparing workstation for the new staff and find solution for current staff workstation when needed.
- Organise and prepare all accountable documents to be booked according to the legal requirements;
- Process travel reimbursement form and following up with employees ensuring compliance with working methods;
- Bookkeeping: General, purchase and sales ledger (cash, invoices, office cards) –(software: BOB50);
- Scan all documents after bookkeeping;
- Prepare all invoices, debit notes, donations and membership fees and liaise with relevant unit to report on received incomes;
- Update database for incomes (donation and sponsor) and liaise with the relevant staff for the follow up;
- Membership fees management: update the membership fees platform (Salesforce), ensuring the fees are paid and following up with the membership responsible;
- Support the quarterly VAT declaration;
- Coordinating with the FinancialManager the financial audits for projects and the statutory audit;
- Support the manager in the calculation of overhead at the end of the year and the financial report for the main funding.
- Drafting agreements and check the legal requirement are in order liaising with other units.
VOLUNTEER VIA THE EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS (ESC)
About the European Solidarity Corps
IFOAM Organics Europe does not offer internships. As we do like to offer young people the opportunity to gain experience at the heart of the European organic movement, we recruit volunteers for up to 11 months. We usually issue a call for volunteers each spring.
Volunteering as part of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) provides young people with the unique chance to express their personal commitment through a full-time volunteering activity in a foreign country for up to one year. Young volunteers can develop new skills and improve their personal, educational and professional development. More information about ESC is available on the European Solidarity Corps website. Erasmus + funds the ESC (previously European Voluntary Service, or EVS)
Sorry, there are no open positions for ESC volunteers. We generally publish a new call for volunteers every year around March/April.
Did you not find what you were looking for on this page? Contact email@example.com
“You’d like to do something practical, with a visible impact, and to get to know the heart of Europe, policy making and lobbying work, the organic movement, like-minded people, new languages and cultures, including the broad diversity of Belgian beer, and – not least – yourself better? Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe offers you all that – and much more. It’s a rich experience that allows you to participate in making food and farming in Europe more sustainable, and to gain practical experiences and skills in the European organic sector – from advocacy for organic research, innovation and practice to new communication tools and a hands-on farm stay. For me, it was the first time that I was living abroad for so long – a big step that my colleagues and EVS network made a lot easier. I can only encourage you to do it, and to make the most of it. It’s a unique opportunity to grow, gain new perspectives and friends and get to know yourself and your capabilities and interests better. Not only did I feel very welcome in the multicultural and multilingual EU capital where almost everyone comes from somewhere else, but I could also profit from the numerous events the vibrant city has to offer year-round. Ultimately, my EVS made me more political, active and empathetic – in other words, fit for the challenges of the future.”
“Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe is a truly rewarding experience, both on a professional and personal level. Get to know this vibrant city of Brussels, meet inspiring people, drink beers (a lot!), learn more about organic agriculture and EU legislation and develop a wide range of skills! Knowledge and friendships are awaiting!”
“I did not know much about IFOAM Organics Europe when I saw the ESC vacancy, but I shared its values of protecting biodiversity, caring for nature and fairness in the food production processes. During my volunteering I learned a lot about the organic sector and, being based in Brussels, I gained a better understanding of European Union’s institutions and importance of advocacy work.”
“Volunteering at IFOAM Organics Europe is an excellent opportunity to gain more in-depth understanding of the organic sector and the impact of EU legislation. Working in the communication team has taught me the importance and power of the messages we share to make Europe more organic. Beside the knowledge I gain, the vibrant city of Brussels is full of inspiring, smart and interesting people who enrich and refine my experience even more.”