New Open Call and Extended Deadlines! Stimulating digital innovations through SmartAgriHubs Open Calls
Since July 2020, SmartAgriHubs opened the RESTART and EXPAND open calls, assigning up to €5,000,000 funding for Digital Innovation Hubs that are supporting diverse stakeholders in the agri-food economy. As of 18 March 2021, SmartAgriHubs announced the launch of a new Open Call, PREPARE, for which €1,200,000 is allocated.
Why should the organic sector take part?
Digital innovations implemented throughout the organic value chain have a huge potential to contribute to the current and future societal challenges.
SmartAgriHubs’ open call is also a unique chance to connect with a wider community and exchange on latest knowledge and expertise.
PREPARE open call
This new funding opportunity targets Digital Innovation Hubs1 (DIHs) that are supporting organisations in the planning and definition of Innovation Experiments for digital transformation in the Agri-food economy. DIHs can propose activities and services that support companies and/or organisations in the definition and planning of so called “Innovation Experiments”.
PREPARE a proposal
- Proposal text no longer than 2 pages;
- One additional page with requested budget, milestones, and work steps;
- One page presenting the involved DIH team;
- Optional one extra page with a figure, presenting your proposal graphically with timing, main activities and expected results.
Timeline and submission
- Register to the SmartAgriHubs’ Innovation Portal. It will give you access to all information needed and direct communication to the community if any questions on the application arise;
- After that, start applying;
- The deadline for the PREPARE Open Call is 26 May 2021, 17:00 CET.
Any questions about the PREPARE Open Call?
- Join SmartAgriHubs team on 25/03/2021 at 2pm CET: Registration (gotowebinar.com);
- Read the call document on the dedicated page of the SmartAgriHubs website.
The RESTART & EXPAND Open Calls are still open with EXTENDED DEADLINES!
1 Digital Innovation Hubs as defined on the Smart Agri Hubs website are public-private partnerships for innovation, providing a mix of different services to their clients. These include technology services such as R&D, provision of lab facilities, testing and validation are mainly the domain of the competence centres. Innovation ecosystem support services include community building lobbying, brokerage, knowledge sharing and advocacy.
SmartAgriHubs is a €20 million EUR project under the Horizon 2020 instrument and brings together a consortium of over 164 partners in the European agri-food sector. The project aims to realise the digitisation of European agriculture by fostering an agricultural innovation ecosystem dedicated to excellence, sustainability, and success. IFOAM Organics Europe is a project partner and represents the European organic movement.
SmartAgriHubs has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 818182. This communication only reflects the author’s view. The Research Executive Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information provided.