New Organic Regulations & Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and UK published
Before the application of the new EU Organic Regulation (EU) 2018/848 in January 2022, the Commission needs to adopt many secondary legal acts – implementing and delegated regulations.
Some of them, and some corrigenda, have been published in December 2020 and January 2021:
- Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/1794 on the use of in conversion and non-organic plant reproductive material
- Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/2146 on the recognition of catastrophic circumstances and related derogations
- Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/2042 adapting dates of already published Regulation (EU) 2020/464 to the 1-year postponement
- Corrigendum to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/1794
- Corrigendum to Regulation (EU) 2018/848 regarding the list of ingredients
Additionally, a regulation amending the current organic regulations has been published:
- Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/2196, amending Annexes III and IV of Regulation (EU) 1235/2008 and including 6 Control Bodies authorised for operations in UK
It is also relevant to mention the Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and UK, also including trade of organic products.