Publication of two new regulations in the EU Official Journal supplementing Organic Regulation (EU) 2018/848
The new EU Organic Regulation published in June 2018 will be supplemented and amended by 15 to 20 secondary acts before its entry into force on 1 January 2022.
Two new secondary regulations have been published in the EU Official Journal.
First, Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/279 published on 22 February 2021 establishes additional requirements for the following criteria:
- Procedural steps to be followed by the operator in case of detection of residues of non-allowed products & substances
- Official investigation methodology
- Use of indications in labelling
- Composition and dimension of group of operators (maximum 2,000 members per group)
- Documents and records for groups of operators and notification from the Internal Control Systems (ICS) manager
- Minimum percentages of controls and samplings
- Measures in case of non-established non-compliances
- Exchange of information
- Annex I: National catalogues of measures
Another regulation which amends current Regulation (EC) No 1235/2008 was published: Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/461 It is for postponing until 30 June 2021 the possibility for Control Bodies and Authorities to send the EU Commission requests related to their recognition for equivalency purpose.
If you have difficulties following the regulatory developments of the EU’s organic sector, have a look at our dedicated website page listing all current regulations.