Under 40 and into organic? Register now for Organics Europe Youth Event, 31 August-1 September, Frick, Switzerland
Our new event, Organics Europe’s Youth Event will welcome organic’s new generation in Frick Switzerland on 31 August and 1 September 2022. Are you younger than 40? Secure your spot now at Organics Europe Youth Event’s registrationi page.
This year, we are organising our new event together with the Research Institute for Organic Agriculture (FiBL) and BioSuisse. We want to create a platform for young actors interested and/or involved in organic. The youth event will offer sessions to learn about new and innovative ideas in the organic sector, network, and be inspired by the role youth can plan in creating a more sustainable food system.
At this premiere of Organics Europe’s Youth Event, we will explore: “Organic and You(th) – Together for sustainable food systems”.
Read the full programme on our website and have a look at a short preview:
- Panel discussion on how we can build sustainable food systems. Actors form various parts of organic will discuss transformation steps and the role of organic and youth;
- Keynote by transition networks co-founder Rob Hopkins, in which he will talk about the power of imagination, and how the radically low carbon future we have to create will only be created if we harness imagination, storytelling, street art and poetry to create longing for that future. Expect a participatory, interactive exploration of the power of ‘What If’, and inspirational stories of change from around the world;
- Inspirational hour: European entrepreneurs, farmers, and activists pitch their innovative company, project, or organisation in organic production;
- Discussion to talk about sustainability challenges for the organic food system and create new ideas on how to overcome these;
- Overnight excursions (1-2 September) on topics such as “Chances and challenges of agroforestry systems” and “Taste the waste: Reducing food waste and creating circular food systems.”
It’s the first time that we are organising this event, so please:
- Share it widely among your networks
- Reach out to us if you have ideas about further promoting it
- Share it on social using #OEYE2022 and #OrganicYouth, feel free to tag @OrganicsEurope, @FiBLorg & #BioSuisse
This event is co-financed by the LIFE programme of the European Union, under the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA). The sole responsibility for this event lies with IFOAM Organics Europe. The CINEA is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information provided.